Classic Motor Show Competition 2018 - Additional Terms & Conditions
Classics Motor Show Competition 2018 01/10/2018 – 22/10/2018
The following additional terms and conditions form part of the promotion information and rules for the above Competition, and should be read in conjunction with Discovery’s Competition General Terms and Conditions:
For the avoidance of doubt if there is any inconsistency between these additional terms and conditions and the General Competition Terms and Conditions, these additional terms and conditions shall prevail.
- By entering this Competition, the entrant will be deemed to have read and understood these additional terms and conditions and to have agreed to be bound by them.
- The Competition is open to UK and ROI residents only, excluding employees of Promoter (details of which are set out in paragraph 18) and their families, the Promoter's agents or anyone professionally associated with the promotion.
- Entrants who do not give correct details or those who make an entry on someone else’s behalf will be disqualified, at the Promoter’s discretion. No entries from agents, third parties, organized group or entries automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No bulk entries.
- Entrants must be sixteen (16) years old and above. Proof of identification may be required at the request of the Promoter. Entrants must meet the eligibility requirements as specified herein. Failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in an entry being invalid and/or forfeiture of any prize.
- Entrants expressly declare and represent that (i) they submit to English law and jurisdiction in participating in this Competition and (ii) they are individuals and not a company or any professional and/or commercial entity.
- This promotion will open for entries from 1 October 2018 until 22 October 2018 (the “Competition Period”). The closing time for entries will be 23:59 on the closing date indicated above.
- By entering, the winner agrees to participate in any publicity or promotional activities as may be reasonably required by the Promoter. Further, the Promoter reserves the right to use the names of the winner in any publicity.
- Method of Entry: The Competition can be entered by visiting the Discovery UK Facebook page at www.facebook.com/DiscoveryUK and giving the correct answer to a simple question that will be posted to the Facebook page on the first day of the Competition. Answers must be given as a comment to the post. All entries will be moderated to ensure that they meet the criteria set; any entry not meeting the minimum criteria may be disqualified or amended in the Promoter’s sole discretion. The Competition is limited to one (1) entry per person.
- Prize: Ten (10) entrants will each receive;
- two (2) tickets to the Lancaster Insurance Classic Motor Show at the NEC in Birmingham valid for all days between 9 November 2018 and 11 November 2018, and will include a meet and greet and photo opportunity with Mike Brewer and Ant Anstead (strictly subject to Mike Brewer and Ant Anstead’s availability on the day) (valued at £75.00 per ticket);
Winners will have to make their own travel arrangements to and from the NEC in Birmingham.
Winners will be chosen as per clause 11.
- The Prize Draw will take place within five (5) days of the closing date of the Competition. The winners will be contacted via email and will be then be required to confirm their postal address for delivery of the prize. The winners must claim their prize within seven (7) days of the notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these additional terms and conditions.
- The winners of the prize shall be selected at random from all valid Competition entries received for each day of the Competition. The decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter reserves the right to terminate or modify the Competition, modify these terms and conditions prior to the closing date, vary details of the prize, or substitute a prize of equivalent value should unforeseen circumstances require it.
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and non-refundable and there is no cash alternative in whole or in part. The prize is subject to availability. In the event of circumstances outside of its control the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a similar or alternative prize of equal or greater value. The prize must be taken by the winner unless agreed otherwise in writing by the Promoter.
- Entries that are incomplete or late or those not in accordance with all the entry instructions are invalid. All submitted entries are the property of the Promoter and will not be returned.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the Competition.
- The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any participant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet, or at any website, including any injury to or resulting from participation or downloading of any materials in the Competition. Nothing shall exclude the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
- Promoter’s details: Discovery Corporate Services Limited, Discovery House, Chiswick Park Building 2 London W4 5YB, United Kingdom. Company number: 08597513.