Virgin Experience Indoor Skydive Competition Terms & Conditions
Additional Terms and Conditions | Virgin Experience Days VR 4D Indoor Skydive Competition – 19/07/2017
The following additional terms and conditions form part of the promotion information and rules for the above Competition, and should be read in conjunction with Discovery’s Competition General Terms and Conditions:
For the avoidance of doubt if there is any inconsistency between these additional terms and conditions and the General Competition Terms and Conditions, these additional terms and conditions shall prevail.
- By entering this Competition, the entrant will be deemed to have read and understood these additional terms and conditions and to have agreed to be bound by them.
- The Competition is open to UK and Ireland residents only, excluding employees of Promoter (details of which are set out in paragraph 18) and their families, the Promoter's agents or anyone professionally associated with the promotion. Due to the nature of the prize, before entering the competition entrants should draw their attention to the participant guidelines outlined in Annex 1.
- Entrants who do not give correct details or those who make an entry on someone else’s behalf will be disqualified, at the Promoter’s discretion. No entries from agents, third parties, organized group or entries automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No bulk entries.
- Entrants must be eighteen (18) years old and above. Proof of identification may be required at the request of the Promoter. Entrants must meet the eligibility requirements as specified herein. Failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in an entry being invalid and/or forfeiture of any prize.
- Entrants expressly declare and represent that (i) they submit to English law and jurisdiction in participating in this Competition and (ii) they are individuals and not a company or any professional and/or commercial entity.
- This promotion will be open for entries on 19 July 2017 only (the “Competition Period). The closing time for entries will be 23:59pm on the date indicated above.
- By entering, the winner agrees to participate in any publicity or promotional activities as may be reasonably required by the Promoter. Further the Promoter reserves the right to use the names of the winner in any publicity.
- Method of Entry: The Competition can be entered by visiting the Discovery Channel UK Facebook page (available at https://www.facebook.com/DiscoveryUK/) and commenting “I want to VR Skydive” on the relevant Facebook post which will be posted to the page on the day of the Competition. All entries will be moderated to ensure they meet the criteria set; any entry not meeting the minimum criteria may be disqualified or amended in Promoter’s sole discretion. The Competition is limited to one (1) entry per person.
- Prize: One (1) entrant will receive two (2) vouchers for the VR 4D Indoor Skydive Virgin Experience (valued at £85 per voucher). The location of this Virgin Experience is Milton Ernest, Bedfordshire. Travel costs are not included. Full details of the prize, including any restrictions for participation can be found in Annex 1.
The winner will be chosen as per clause 11.
- The Prize Draw will take place on or before 26 July 2017. The winner will be contacted via Facebook Messenger and will be then be required to provide a postal address for delivery of the prize. The winner must claim their prize within ten (10) days of the notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these additional terms and conditions.
- The winner of the prize shall be selected at random from all valid Competition entries. The decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter reserves the right to terminate or modify the Competition, modify these terms and conditions prior to the closing date, vary details of the prize, or substitute a prize of equivalent value should unforeseen circumstances require it.
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and non-refundable and there is no cash alternative in whole or in part. The prize is subject to availability. In the event of circumstances outside of its control the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a similar or alternative prize of equal or greater value. The prize must be taken by the winner unless agreed otherwise in writing by the Promoter.
- Entries that are incomplete or late or those not in accordance with all the entry instructions are invalid. All submitted entries are the property of the Promoter and will not be returned.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the Competition.
- The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any participant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet, or at any website, including any injury to or resulting from participation or downloading of any materials in the Competition. Nothing shall exclude the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
- Promoter’s details: Discovery Corporate Services Limited, Discovery House, Chiswick Park Building 2 London W4 5YB, United Kingdom. Company number: 08597513.
Full Prize Details
VR 4D Indoor Skydive (Valued at £85 per voucher – prize includes two (2) vouchers)
(Full details can also be found at https://www.virginexperiencedays.co.uk/vr4d-indoor-skydive):
Combining the latest in virtual reality technology with the incredible freefall sensation of indoor skydiving, it’s time to join the adventure for an immersive VR4D skydive.
To ensure you get the most out of your ‘jump’, you’ll undertake a full briefing followed by four practice flights before gearing up in your jumpsuit, parachute, harness and full-face VR skydiving helmet. Count down and take the plunge as you step out your plane over California for your skydive. With state of the art interactive visuals, your unforgettable experience will see you freefall for 1 minute to the point where you and your virtual friends open their parachutes.
A world first, and with further VR locations scheduled to be launched throughout 2017, discover the latest in experience technology with a VR4D skydive of your own.
- Latest in VR technology with the unforgettable sensation of indoor skydiving
- Full-face VR headset
- Four practice flights before your VR experience
- Full safety briefing
- All equipment provided
- World first
- Experience gift pack including personalised voucher and message card
- Cancellation indemnity
What happens on the day?
Upon arrival at Twinwoods Adventure, you’ll be greeted by the Bodyflight instructors who’ll run through a full safety briefing.
You’ll take four 1 minute 15 seconds practice flights to familiarise yourself before you don the full-face VR skydiving helmet for the main event. With interactive visuals and a few virtual friends to take the jump with you, this will be a minute of freefall that you’ll remember forever.
- Minimum age: 5 (Parent's discretion is advised, as a child needs to be able to understand and follow instruction. Under 18's will need to be accompanied by an adult who will be asked to read and sign an acceptance of risk form on their behalf). There is no upper age limit but you do need to be reasonably fit to participate in this experience
- Maximum weight: 19 stone 7lb
- All participants are asked to sign a disclaimer. You will not be permitted to participate if you are pregnant, have ever suffered a dislocated shoulder, serious back or disk problems, have any freshly stitched wounds, osteoporosis, any bone illnesses, heart problems, are wearing a hard cast or are under the influence of alcohol or non-prescribed drugs
- Spectators are welcome and there is a free viewing gallery, although small children may be better kept in the lounge area as the viewing gallery is noisy
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary
This experience is available on selected dates throughout the year. Please contact the centre when booking for updated availability.
We recommend you book at least eight weeks in advance for weekdays and three - four months for weekends to ensure that dates are available. All bookings are subject to availability.
Please allow approximately 2 hours on site. Your arrival time will be at least 1 hour before your flight time.
What about insurance?
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or willful negligence.
A cancellation indemnity, subject to terms, is included with every voucher.