Additional Terms and Conditions
PAWgust Facebook Competition – 01/08/2015 – 31/08/2015
The following additional terms and conditions form part of the promotion information and rules for the above Competition, and should be read in conjunction with Discovery’s Competition General Terms and Conditions.
For the avoidance of doubt if there is any inconsistency between these additional terms and conditions and the General Competition Terms and Conditions, these additional terms and conditions shall prevail.
- By entering this Competition, the entrant will be deemed to have read and understood these additional terms and conditions and to have agreed to be bound by them.
- The Competition is open to UK residents only, excluding employees of Promoter (details of which are set out in paragraph 23) and their families, the Promoter's agents or anyone professionally associated with the promotion.
- Entrants who do not give correct details or those who make an entry on someone else’s behalf will be disqualified, at the Promoter’s discretion. No entries from agents, third parties, organized group or entries automatically generated by computer will be accepted.
- Entrants must be eighteen (18) years old. Proof of identification may be required at the request of the Promoter. Entrants must meet the eligibility requirements as specified herein. Failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in an entry being invalid and/or forfeiture of any prize.
- Entrants expressly declare and represent that (i) they submit to English law and jurisdiction in participating in this Competition and (ii) they are individuals and not a company or any professional and/or commercial entity.
- This promotion will run from 01/08/2015 to 31/08/2015 (the “Promotion Period”).
- This promotion will consist of two phases, each with a separate end date as follows:
(i) Phase 1 – 01/08/2015 – 21/08/2015.
(ii) Phase 2 – 01/08/2015 – 31/08/2015.
The closing date for the overall Competition is 23:59 on 31 August 2015.
- By entering, the winner agrees to participate in any publicity or promotional activities as may be reasonably required by the Promoter. Further the Promoter reserves the right to use the names of the winner in any publicity.
- Method of Entry: To enter the Competition, entrants should post a link to their social file sharing network (for example their YouTube page) on the Promoter’s Facebook website www.facebook.com/animalplanetuk. This link should be to a video of the entrant’s pet doing something “funny, silly or amazing” where the entrant will also be asked to leave their email address and telephone number to allow the Promoter to contact them in the event of the entrant being chosen as a prize winner. Incomplete entries or entries submitted without full contact details being provided may be deemed as invalid.
- Entrants confirm that they have either full ownership rights or permission to submit their Competition video and there are no third party rights over the video content.
- All entries will be moderated to ensure they meet the criteria set, any entry not meeting the minimum criteria may be disqualified or amended in Promoter’s sole discretion. Video’s that meet the criteria set by the Promoter will be posted to the public viewing gallery on the Promoter’s Facebook page.
- Any video depicting animal cruelty or which is deemed to be inappropriate in any way will not feature on the Promoter’s Facebook gallery of videos. Any videos that have been submitted but do not feature on the Promoter’s Facebook gallery will not be counted as a submission for the purposes of this Competition. This decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
There shall be two (2) sets of prizes which will each relate to a specific phase of the promotion.
(i) Phase 1 Prize – Valued at approximately £30.00 each.
Each week between 01/08/2015 and 14/08/2015, fourteen (14) entrants’ videos will be chosen to appear on Animal Planet. During the week between 15/08/2015 and 21/08/2015 ten (10) entrants’ videos will be chosen to appear on Animal Planet. Entrants’ videos that appear on Animal Planet will win an Animal Planet Goody Bag containing a DVD and a book.
Phase 1 weekly Competition will run as follows:
- The top fourteen (14) entries received from 01/08/2015 to 07/08/2015 will be shown on Animal Planet (two video entries per day) during the week 13/08/2015 – 19/08/2015.
- The top fourteen (14) entries received from 08/08/2015 to 14/08/2015 will be shown on Animal Planet (two video entries per day) during the week 20/08/2015 – 26/08/2015.
- The top ten (10) entries received from 15/08/2015 to 21/08/2015 will be shown on Animal Planet (two video entries per day) during the week 27/08/2015 – 31/08/2015.
(iii) Phase 2 Prize – Valued at no more than £1000.
The winning entrant shall win a LakeLovers cottage holiday to be taken at any of the cottages within the LakeLovers brochure subject to availability and the terms of the hire of each cottage. The prize winner’s personal details will be passed to LakeLovers so that the holiday can be arranged. The value of the prize will include a booking fee of £30 and a good housekeeping security waiver of £5 per person (up to a maximum of £35). Guests will be entitled to book extras up to the maximum value of £1000. For example if the prize holiday chosen by the winner costs £750 including booking fees and the security waiver, the winner will be entitled to book £250 worth of extras. If the holiday chosen costs more than £1000, the shortfall would need to be made up by the winner. If the holiday costs less than £1000, the remainder will not be converted into cash and given to the winner. There are no additional charges for pets in pet friendly cottages and the maximum number of pets must not be exceeded.
The prize draws will take place as follows:
(i) Phase 1
Each week between 01/08/2015 and 21/08/2015, the Phase 1 prize winners will be contacted by email, within four (4) days of the draw as follows:
(i) The fourteen (14) winning entries received by 07/08/2015 will be contacted by 11/08/2015.
(ii) The fourteen (14) winning entries received by 14/08/2015 will be contacted by 18/08/2015.
(iii) The ten (10) winning entries received by 21/08/2015 August will be contacted by 25/08/2015.
The Phase 1 Prize winners will each receive their prizes within thirty (30) days of the date that their video appears on Animal Planet.
(ii) Phase 2
The Phase 2 Prize winner will be contacted by telephone or email, within seven (7) days of the closing date of the Competition. The winner must claim their prize within ten (10) days of the notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these additional terms and conditions. The winner must book and take the LakeLovers holiday within twelve (12) months of being notified they have won.
The prizes shall be awarded on the following basis:
(i) Phase 1 Prize
Each week between 01/08/2015 and 14/08/2015, fourteen (14) entrants’ videos will be chosen to appear on Animal Planet and during the week between 15/08/2015 and 21/08/2015 ten (10) entrants’ videos will be chosen to appear on Animal Planet by a judging panel to include at least one independent judge. Any videos posted to the Promoter’s Facebook page between 22/08/2015 and 31/08/2015 will not be eligible for the Phase 1 Prize.
(ii) Phase 2 Prize
The entrant whose video receives the most “Likes” while on the Promoter’s Facebook page during the Promotion Period will win the Phase 2 Prize (as detailed in clause 12). Any videos posted to the Promoter’s Facebook page between 22/08/2015 and 31/08/2015 will be eligible for the Phase 2 Prize only.
These decisions will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All entrants whose video’s appear on the Promoter’s Facebook page agree that should their video be chosen to appear on Animal Planet, the Promoter is authorized to copy and edit the video to between ten (10) and fifteen (15) seconds to be used on air.
- The Promoter reserves the right to terminate or modify the Competition, modify these terms and conditions prior to the closing date, vary details of the prize, or substitute a prize of equivalent value should unforeseen circumstances require it.
- The prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and non-refundable and there is no cash alternative in whole or in part. The prizes are subject to availability. In the event of circumstances outside of its control the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a similar or alternative prize of equal or greater value. The prizes must be taken by the winners unless agreed otherwise in writing by the Promoter.
- Entries that are incomplete or late or those not in accordance with all the entry instructions are invalid. All submitted entries are the property of the Promoter and will not be returned, and the Promoter has the right to share video entries with third parties.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the Competition.
- The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any participant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet, or at any website, including any injury to or resulting from participation or downloading of any materials in the Competition. Nothing shall exclude the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
- Promoter’s details: Discovery Communications Europe Limited, Discovery House, Chiswick Park Building 2 London W4 5YB, United Kingdom. Company number: 05039068.