Additional Terms and Conditions
PAWgust Facebook Competition – 18/07/2015 – 29/07/2015
The following additional terms and conditions form part of the promotion information and rules for the above Competition, and should be read in conjunction with Discovery’s Competition General Terms and Conditions.
For the avoidance of doubt if there is any inconsistency between these additional terms and conditions and the General Competition Terms and Conditions, these additional terms and conditions shall prevail.
- By entering this Competition, the entrant will be deemed to have read and understood these additional terms and conditions and to have agreed to be bound by them.
- The Competition is open to UK residents only, excluding employees of Promoter (details of which are set out in paragraph 19) and their families, the Promoter's agents or anyone professionally associated with the promotion.
- Entrants who do not give correct details or those who make an entry on someone else’s behalf will be disqualified, at the Promoter’s discretion. No entries from agents, third parties, organized group or entries automatically generated by computer will be accepted.
- Entrants must be eighteen (18) years old. Proof of identification may be required at the request of the Promoter. Entrants must meet the eligibility requirements as specified herein. Failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in an entry being invalid and/or forfeiture of any prize.
- Entrants expressly declare and represent that (i) they submit to English law and jurisdiction in participating in this Competition and (ii) they are individuals and not a company or any professional and/or commercial entity.
- This promotion will run from 18/07/2015 to 29/07/2015. The closing time for receipt of entries for the Competition is 16:59 on the closing date indicated above. The Competition will be limited to one entry per person.
- By entering, the winner agrees to participate in any publicity or promotional activities as may be reasonably required by the Promoter. Further the Promoter reserves the right to use the names of the winner in any publicity.
- Method of Entry: The Competition can be entered for free online via the Promoter’s Facebook website www.facebook.com/animalplanetuk, where entrants will have to upload a picture of their pets doing something “funny, silly or amazing”. Entrants will need to have a Facebook account.
- All entries will be moderated prior to approval to ensure they meet the criteria set, and any entry not meeting the minimum criteria may be disqualified or amended in Promoter’s sole discretion. Any picture depicting animal cruelty or which is deemed to show inappropriate treatment of animals will not feature on the Promoter’s Facebook gallery of pictures. Any pictures that have been submitted but do not feature on the Promoter’s Facebook gallery will not be counted as a submission for the purposes of this Competition. This decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Prize: Thirty (30) entrants will each win a family set of four (4) tickets (two (2) adults and two (2) children to The Pet Show on either the 1st or 2nd August. Each set of tickets is valued at approximately £44.00. Winners will have to make their own travel arrangements to and from The Pet Show which is taking place at Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire, UK.
- The prizes shall be awarded to the first thirty (30) valid entrants to submit an approved pet picture to the Promoter’s Facebook page.
- The thirty (30) winners of the prize will be sent the family ticket by overnight delivery on 29 July 2015. The promoter will not be held responsible for non-delivery of the prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right to terminate or modify the Competition, modify these terms and conditions prior to the closing date, vary details of the prize, or substitute a prize of equivalent value should unforeseen circumstances require it.
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and non-refundable and there is no cash alternative in whole or in part. The prize is subject to availability. In the event of circumstances outside of its control the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a similar or alternative prize of equal or greater value. The prize must be taken by the winner unless agreed otherwise in writing by the Promoter.
- Entries that are incomplete or late or those not in accordance with all the entry instructions are invalid. All submitted entries are the property of the Promoter and will not be returned.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the Competition.
- The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any participant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet, or at any website, including any injury to or resulting from participation or downloading of any materials in the Competition. Nothing shall exclude the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
- Promoter’s details: Discovery Communications Europe Limited, Discovery House, Chiswick Park Building 2 London W4 5YB, United Kingdom. Company number: 05039068.